Monday, June 9, 2014

Buyer beware


I am a huge fan of Smartfoodwhite cheddar cheese popcorn.  No kidding, it has saved my life on more than one occasion, once being when I was on a two-stop flight home from Los Angeles, trapping me on the snack-free airplane for almost six hours.  I was late and had to rush through the airport early in the morning without breakfast, and contemplated starvation until I remembered a pack of Smartfood in the goodie bag from my convention.

Another time being when we landed hungry in Las Vegas at 4:30 pm, needing to eat before we boarded a shuttle for a two-hour trip into the boonies, and found all the restaurants outside security closed for the day.  Fortunately I had packed Smartfood in anticipation of needing snacks in the wilderness, hardly expecting that the wilderness would begin in the airport.

















I could go on and on about how I love this stuff.  So when I was in the grocery and discovered that they have come up with a low-cal version, I had to try it.

Well, dear reader, do not make the same mistake. Low-cal Smartfood is Dumbfood in my book, only slightly more appetizing than styrofoam.  Nice texture, no flavor.

It's the opposite of the movies, where the white hats are the good guys. With Smartfood the white bag is the bad guy.  Save up your calories until you can afford a black bag of the real stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment