Thursday, May 2, 2013

Salad of the week

You'll probably never guess what's in this salad.

















It started with a bag of cranberries that had defrosted and had to be eaten.  I didn't want to add sugar for cranberry-orange relish, and besides, I didn't have an orange.

I thought a carrot might add some sweetness, and guess what, there was a bag of baby carrots in the fridge that should have been eaten days before.  So they went into the cuisinart and got chopped up.

I added a bit of olive oil, but to our surprise, there wasn't that much taste.  Even the cranberries, usually so tart that they pucker your mouth, didn't seem to have much oomph.

But we had some very spicy green olives from the deli counter, so I diced them up and added them to the salad.  Finally, magnificence, as tasty as it was beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment