Thursday, January 10, 2013

Supermarket savings

We've learned through experience to be alert when the grocery people are ringing up your order or weighing your purchase.  Experience like this:

Here's what the label read:






















Let's contemplate that label.  We didn't buy whole cooked lobster (although it does sound delicious), but even if we did, I have a hard time thinking that it should cost $864.  I wonder about that $288.27 per unit price -- apparently we bought three units, so the unit price must be $288.27 per 4 2/3 ounces (sure, that's the way I'd do the pricing if I ran the fish counter....).

But I was pleased that thanks to our Kroger card, we paid only $5 per 4 2/3 ounces and thus saved $849.80.

So after they tried again:

But wait -- why doesn't it point out on the yellow stub that we saved $859.90?

No comments:

Post a Comment